Monday, January 15, 2007

Hello

I stood on the dam this morning and listened to the sound of distant thunder--or was it rip-rap tumbling; you know, the sound of massive things bumping deep underwater. The tide rose last night. The pond level swamped the boat dock. The emergency discharge channel was roaring and the outlet stream was an angry cataract.

And it continued to rain. And it was mid January. And it was 54 degrees.

And all is well. Thus says the coolness of blue and eternal optimism.

And I say there: "Welcome to my blog."

What better way to launch this new year than to explore this nifty feature of web technology, my personal blog site. Imagine that!

I ponder the continuing rain from the warmth and comfort of the computer room, blessed with sufficient curiosity to appreciate today's exploding growth of technology and the good health to enjoy its rewards.

Retirement, the arrival of Medicare and 66 years are now behind me. And, it has been a good ride. Mostly. My dad and mom and only sister died so many years ago. My bride Carol of more than 41 years did too. And these are severe wounds to the human spirit. But, the bounty of their warm and loving presence in my life left some fuel in the tank and I will carry the comfort of their memory into the adventures that lie ahead.

Please stop back from time to time and together we will see what is around the next curve in life's road.

--Fogeyism-er

3 comments:

Brain Flow said...

Hi Dad,
Neat! Let the creative stuff flow. For the fans of K.I.S.S. I will warn the dictionary is close to me. Not all will have that drive. Thus will likely lose interest. Fogey is not in my dictionary. So is fogey as in old fogey and lots of experience and wisdom tha comes with it?
Brain Flow!!!!!
time 10:15 pm on MLK or JER day. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Bob said...

Hi Terry,
Very nice start to your blog. I just found it and am out the door to work, but I will be checking back daily.
LOVE COUSIN BOB

Craig Wolf said...

I now am a part in the google experience... Winter here in Downers Grove has reared its head finally. Morning temperature was hovering near zero. Mother Nature is confusing the plant life. Bulbs have popped up in the flower beds and maple trees have began budding. Hope they will make it come spring. Filled a birdfeeder this morning in a hope to see what critters are still flitting about. But might have to re-locate it for better viewing..