Thursday, February 2, 2012

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO FOGEYISMS--

Ooops.

Our fifth anniversary occurred on the 15th of January and I failed to take notice.

I launched this effort shortly after cousin Bob Wolf introduced me to blogging by involving me in a family blog he had then created.  Soon I found myself dominating his creation so I launched my own.

Believe it or not by the 15th of January this year I had published to the blog 1,093 times--posting items that inaugural year on a daily basis.  That began to turn into more work than pleasure so I have been publishing on a more relaxed schedule ever since.

For me, as a former journalist and professional photographer, the blog is a marvelous outlet for those creative urges that yet remain in this aging body.  I make no effort to track readership.  While folks have inquired about advertising on my blog I do not intend to ever go there either.

This is a fun thing to do and any focus on readership or commerce would destroy that.

Since photography is my favorite hobby I enjoy republishing my favorite photos of the year as a year-end item.  There I often add technical comments for readers who also are photography enthusiasts.

I enjoy doing pieces I usually call COMMENTERRY.  That is a convenient outlet for my urge to editorialize on life's events but usually I restrain myself which makes the content more like a journal of life's experiences.
 
One of my favorite poetic efforts was published in January 2007 entitled "Frost on the Window Pane". You can go there quickly buy typing "Frost Window Pane" (without the quote marks) in the search box top left and clicking on the little search icon.

In fact, if you know a name or some key words you would like to find simply use that search function.  Similarly, remember to click on any photo and you should be able to see a larger version.

Another way to quickly navigate to older articles is to click on the year of publication in the right column of each blog, then click on the month you think the story you are interested in appeared.

The occasional comment posted on the blog, or, much more often expressed personally to me, is ample reward for these modest efforts.  In fact, it is often a matter of complete amazement to me that folks participate at all--an event for which I am always truly grateful

No comments: