Tuesday, April 10, 2012


A BOAT SHOW IN VERO BEACH--

Sue and I went to a boat show in Riverside Park recently.

If you look closely (or click on the photo to enlarge it) you will notice the advertised price for this spiffy launch is $179,990--and, it is basically a nicely tricked-out fishing boat.

We were quite surprised. 

Sue was even more so when she looked at the sign on the very next boat to the left of this one (below) and exclaimed, "Good Grief!  Look at the price on this one."


I chuckled when I responded, "I think that 321...figure is the boat shop's phone number."

I got a sheepish grin in return.


How about this slick, catamaran sail boat rig wrapped around a kayak?

I enjoyed watching this future skipper giving this spiffy red-trimmed rig with its dandy Bimini top a very close inspection.



There's an old saying about boats which goes something like this, "If you have to ask the price you cannot afford the boat."

So, I walked by this string of five dandy Yamaha outboards and kept my mouth shut.

I checked a local dealer later and found these 250 horsepower beauties would retail a tad over $20,000--each!  That doesn't include the boats they are hanging on.

Sue wandered along pondering the house in Ohio and the one in Florida she could afford for the price of some of these boats.

I was thinking more along the line of one of the kayaks.

No comments: