Wednesday, February 20, 2013


I took the photo of this very much alive and wild alligator while sitting on my bicycle on a sidewalk just a few blocks south of downtown Vero Beach, FL.  I couldn't see the end of its tail but I estimate it was some 6 to 8 feet in length.

I had just finished a geocaching run in the downtown area and was planning to attend a geocaching flash-mob event with local geocachers a few days later when this photo was made.  That story will run Saturday and involves an area where live alligators are very much more likely to be seen.

Please stop by and take a peek.

Meanwhile, with our Syracuse, NY friends, the Weeks, we spent a recent day visiting a huge flea market in Stuart, FL.  It was there I took the following photo which rattled my amusement bones:


No comments: