Monday, March 12, 2007


BALD EAGLE NESTING--

My bicycling and photography friend, Harold Zehner, shared the site of an active eagle nest with me Sunday morning in the area of the Clear Fork Reservoir.

An adult bird is shown on the nest. This image was done with a 320 mm lens then severely cropped to enlarge the bird to the viewing size. I failed to use manual focus in making the shot. Consequently, the camera wrestled with focusing on both near and far objects. The blame for the less than crystal sharp image belongs totally to the photographer.

Regardless, it was truly an awesome experience seeing this majestic bird nesting in the wild.

Harold, by the way, has 80+ years behind him, has logged in excess of 125,000 lifetime miles riding a bicycle and may be familiar to many of you from his years working at Sid’s Camera Shop in downtown Mansfield.





2 comments:

The Boca Beagle said...

Terry:

This is a wonderful piece. My sister told me about the eagle nest several weeks ago. Eagles mate for life and return to the same nest for many years. Back in the 60s there was such a nest in some trees in the lake behind Charles Mill Dam, north of Route 430.

I would expect you picture of the eagle to be fuzzy because the eagle itself is fuzzy.

Thanks for the photo of Harold Zehner. I haven't seen him for almost thirty years. It is hard to believe that's hoe long it's been since I left the Mansfield area. I'm glad Harold is still active and wearing Nikon stuff.

Pat said...

Terry, its ten after six and no blg Pat