Thursday, May 24, 2007

GRRRRR!

I must have said *expletive deleted* dozens of times recently when I was shoveling gravel out of my lawn tractor trailer. I am confident it was designed by some engineer wannabe who has never done a lick of physical work with a shovel in his life.

The designer left the heads of the bolts that fasten the body of the little trailer to its chassis stick up above the floor.

Consequently, nearly every time you drive your shovel under the load you are rewarded with a resounding CLANG when the tip of the shovel slams into one of the bolt heads.

Now I ask you, how hard could it be to stamp the trailer bottom with a die that sinks the heads of flat head bolts slightly below the bottom surface of the trailer.

Bingo! Then, you can shovel all day without the brain jarring episodes from this poor excuse of a product design.

And, I have the same situation with a wheel barrow from the same vendor. It’s a little less infuriating simply because it has fewer bolts.


I am reluctant to mention where I bought this stuff but I hope every member of Sears’ product approval team is someday condemned to doing their own maintenance work with one of these pieces of junk they have foisted upon a trusting public.