Monday, March 16, 2009

MISCELLANY--

Sometimes a photograph deserves a peek purely on the strength of its composition. I make this offering in that spirit. This is part of a huge complex of boardwalks on Cedar Key, FL. It has been sharply cropped and tattooed by crisp shadows from the sub-tropical sun.

The water visible is estuary to the Gulf of Mexico on Florida's northwest shore near a maritime village of the same name.

This humble abode in that village stomped on my consciousness while I peered longingly from a nearby bridge while perched on my bicycle. Visions of me enjoying this as a permanent residence while sitting on the dock with a fishing pole ricocheted through my sun-drenched dream.



1 comment:

Jan & Norrie Tangeman said...

The humble abode loses some of its humility with the satellite dish..However it is an interesting looking place!
A belated "welcome back"..We'll be down that way next week so we may take in Cedar Key.
-Norrie & Jan