Friday, May 15, 2009

NEWS QUIP--
Rookie's Equine Saga Continues


I found myself on the big leather seat again yesterday--the one attached to a horse.

We did a few warm-up exercises in the corral; stuff like slow turns, backing up and riding with outstretched arms without the benefit of stirrups.

Then I was promoted to the relative freedom of a large, fenced pasture. I promptly applied my new knowledge on shifting the critter's gears and we went sailing up the fence line. I learned later I had gotten the transmission stuck somewhere between a canter and a gallop, or whatever.

That after hearing lots of shrieks and me returning to the corral to find a distraught horsemanship coach who thought her steed had decided on this frisky romp with or without me.

Ha. I can hardly wait until the next rodeo comes to town.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL! Sounds like fun!!!