Tuesday, September 29, 2009


Recently a dream came true when Fogeyisms enjoyed a week of tent camping and day hiking the Appalachian Trail in the Shenandoah National Park. Our base camp was at an elevation of about 3,500 feet in the Big Meadows Campground where new friend Tod, an architect from Charlottesville, VA, entertained lodge guests with impromptu guitar music (above).


That's yours truly (right) savoring the moment when I first stepped on this grand daddy of American trails and rested my hand on a trail marker post. (Photo by hike leader and friend Ted Kmet).

Another photo will appear Thursday to introduce my four companions on this adventure and a series of my favorite hiking/camping photos will appear Saturday.

2 comments:

C-ville Todd said...

Terry, I feel privileged to have my photo (happily strumming!) posted on your blog. It was nice to meet you at Big Meadows Lodge a few weeks back. I'm looking forward to reading more about your adventures on the Appalachian Trail! Regards,

Terry Wolf said...

Hi Tod: Thanks for the nice music and your nice comment. I hope you enjoy following the rest of my AT story.