Tuesday, August 10, 2010

COMMENTERRY
On current events...

The controversy continues to boil in New York City regarding a proposal to build an Islamic mosque near the site of the now-destroyed World Trade Center buildings—that very destruction at the hands of Islamic terrorists in September 2001.

One droll wit was heard to observe, “A functional gallows would be a more appropriate structure.”

*      *      *

Buckeye Firearms Endorsements for 2010:

Click here: http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/7375 for endorsements in many important races on this fall’s ballot. I strongly encourage favorable consideration in your part of Ohio.

*      *      *

Today's Standard of Excellence is Mediocrity:

Remember recent comments about the girl at the local custard stand who was not able to make change for a quarter?  We'll here's another one--same Bellville custard stand, different clerk.

I ordered a cheeseburger with mustard and asked for half of a small cup of relish on the side; explaining to the counter clerk I just wanted to put a dab of relish on my sandwich--not the usual dose where the customer is left with pickle juice dripping from his or her elbows.

She gave me her most understanding smile.  Then, you guessed it.  My sandwich arrived looking like the mustard and relish had been applied with a fire hose.
__________________

How about this measure of excellence in the marketplace:

My term as treasurer of the Mansfield square dance club ended and the new treasurer and I, during a personal visit, changed the account records at Key Bank.

Guess where the statement arrived the following month?  Youbetcha, in my mailbox.



No comments: