Thursday, January 6, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR--
The belated variety

"Hi" from the land of sunshine, palm trees, and warm (mostly) sub-tropical breezes.  Just before we headed south my laptop computer failed.  Consequently, I ended up in Florida without a convenient means to process photos or publish to the blog.

I am working via email with my friends at KOSI in Mansfield to assemble a replacement PC and ship it to me.  When that arrives and I manage to wrap my aging brain around its boatload of new software I hope to get back into the blogging business.

Consequently, I am bouncing between a public PC and Sue's laptop.

We pulled our 28' 5th wheel style camper down here and will be staying in it in the Vero Beach area.  On the way down we spent several days with Johnny Appleseed square dancing friends Terri Garafolo and Bill Moore at their digs in Savannah, GA where we really enjoyed visiting that city's marvelous, historic sights--and, we square danced into the new year with them.  Ahhhh.

Our second visit along the way was with daughter TJ and family in Jacksonville.  Ahhhh.

On our first night here we stayed with Bellville friends Dick and Jan Shafer who winter here as well.  After a 1,200 mile trip that was a blessing and allowed us to set up the camper after a good night's rest.  Ahhhh.

Now we are established in a 55+ owner occupied mobile home park with spaces available for transient RVs such as ours.  We have been immersed in the park's activities and made to feel very much welcome.

This morning we were part of the crew undoing Christmas decorations in the clubhouse.  As I was lying on the floor wrestling with the Christmas tree holder, new friends were rattling my cage about their getting even for my winning the major pot (a bag of pennies) in the weekly card game a couple of nights previously.

I felt awful about those winnings then came back a night or so later and won $5 in a bingo game.

It may be awhile before I untangle myself from this new reputation.

Please stay tuned....      

No comments: