Tuesday, November 15, 2011

MY HYPOTHESIS--
Today's Standard of Excellence is Mediocrity

My online supplier recently shipped a vest to me via UPS.

It arrived at their local terminal on a weekend and was on the little brown truck for delivery Monday.

For some reason, however, rather than delivering my package to my home, as both UPS and FedEx have done for the past 19 years, they surrendered it to the US post office in Bellville.

Once the post office got involved my package did not come into my possession until Wednesday and I had to go to the post office to get it.

This pathetic episode reminded me of another recently botched delivery by the post office when my priority mail package was sent to the wrong post office distribution joint where it languished until someone, I presume, could finally find Bellville on their Ohio map.

That one left the shipper, addressed correctly by the way, on a Monday and with the post office's version of priority handling, arrived here on a Friday.

No comments: