Thursday, July 26, 2012


Saturday's story began when I noticed the red dot on a current, official map of the State of Ohio.  That's it above in the northeastern corner of Delaware County designating the geographic center of Ohio.  That's curious, I thought.  Most folks believe that location to be in or around Centerburg; shown above in the southwestern corner of Knox County.

When I looked into this a little deeper I found actual coordinates for our state's center on the web site www.ohiohistorycentral.org and they were 82 degrees 44.5' W and 40 degrees 21.7' N which on my otherwise very accurate Garmin Nuvi GPS took us to a site north of Rich Hill on the above map--in Morrow County.

Please stop by Saturday and ride along as we head down that way and try to sort this all out.

No comments: