Saturday, May 18, 2013


 
This blog story began life as an email to my sons, my daughter and my ladyfriend.  It mentions part of a day during the first week of my first-ever ownership of a motorcycle; a 2008 Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc shaft driven sizzler with but 5920 miles on it's cyclometer.  I bought it in early May just days after Sue and I returned from four months of snowbirding in Florida.

That's it above in its first official portrait along a rock garden wall in my front yard driveway.  You notice, of course, the sexy blue mood lights beneath the seat and under the tank.  Half afraid to ride it anywhere at night where the chicks are gathering for the hunt.

I won't be safe until they discover the driver, of course, and not the bike qualifies for antique license plates. 

*               *               *

email from:  twolf@coldmail.fun
         to:     bwolf, cwolf, tjwolf and S.Brooks

Hi!
Life gives you a bonus afternoon once in awhile and today (5/14) was one of those.  I hopped on my new ride and headed up to Brian's digs for his first peek at my little blue treasure.  After a suitable amount of "ooooohs" and "ahhhhhs" the lawnmower went in the garage, his big Yamahauler came out and we trundled south on US 42 in loose formation, turned east on Hanley Rd., and made our next course change in Lucas.

Rolled east a bit on SR 39 then north on SR 603; headed to the boat dock area at Charles Mill Lake to check on their recently launched pontoon boat.  Good a reason as any for a motorcycle ride.

My confidence seems to make my age ignore itself as the hilly, curvy, fun-making miles roll up behind us.  What a nice feeling knowing the rider in the slot is one's oldest son who is likely as amazed as his dad that this episode has blossomed in our rapidly advancing years.

From the boat park we sluiced west on SR 430, meandered through Mansfield and dropped our next anchor at Sue's condo off S. Main St., near Cook Rd.  Brian and I smiled at the occasion's conclusion and shared a mutual hope for many more.  Soon.

From there Sue and I wandered down to our home golf course--Kelly's of the miniature variety across from the grown-up Possum-Run links--where we purchased season tickets and I promptly lucked my way to a par round for this season's first 18 holes.

Somehow visions of Leaning Tower subs overpowered us about that time and we wound up our day munching our impromptu dinner in the sub shop's parking lot.

Not exactly a Cinderella story but one of those blips on the calendar of living that give credence to the phrase, "Life is Good!"

--Love, Dad

No comments: