Saturday, June 8, 2013


ANOTHER SABBATICAL--

Two recent events have taken command of my interests; 1) I recently noticed I am within reach of the geocaching milestone of finding 1,000 caches and doing it before the first anniversary of my participation in this marvelous activity...

...and 2) I bought a motorcycle.

My count of geocaches found was 904 as of June 5th.  About 150 of them have occurred in the past couple of weeks.

The motorcycle, my first one ever, naturally compels my attention each warm and sunny day.

Consequently, the blog has taken a back seat; so much so that the recent story on the Ohio Genealogical Society was a hurry-up affair and did not achieve the quality I seek to present.  I did not make time, for example, to catch-up with the director of that facility for information evidently only he could provide.

Haste makes waste, so to speak.

So, this modest confession will serve as this week's blog offering.

Maybe next week I will have the story ready which involves our geocaching outing to MI and IN where we also took a look at the place where their boundaries join Ohio's without a river or lake obscuring the view of that geographic curiosity.

Maybe not.  

We are well into the 7th year of publishing Fogeyisms.  Good story material requires increasing effort and I really hope the blog never gets to be such a burden that I consider abandoning it entirely.

It still looks like a weekly article remains achievable.

After all, photography has been my most enduring of life's passions.  Imagine finding a way to do blog stories while traveling on the motorcycle and picking up geocaches along the way.

Please stay tuned.

   






No comments: