Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Honda


READY TO RIDE!

For you purists she's a 2008 Honda Shadow Spirit VT750C2.

For you with a more artistic nature she's warming herself in the driveway's morning sun for what turned out to be a three-generation family ride that we will tell you about Saturday, July 20th.

Last Saturday we chronicled a 210 mile geocaching ride I enjoyed with my oldest son mounted on his classic cruiser.

In a nutshell she is a dream come true; a dream of ownership that eluded my dad his entire life and one that eluded me too--for the first 72 years of my life, that is.

Finally, she's here.  That happened in early May, already 1,100 miles ago--a very pleasurable time of she and I getting acquainted.

I think she likes her new home.  Her belly is filled regularly and she really doesn't have to work too hard entertaining her geriatric driver.

Mostly we just trundle along, mostly on the back roads, savoring the wind on our collective skin and the view of Nature's glory that almost always soothes our soul.




No comments: