Saturday, October 19, 2013


POTPOURRI--


Nature's palette was aflame, as it usually is, this time of year.  This view--gently molested by Photoshop--is a reflection in the pond's surface of my northeast woods as seen from my computer room window. 

I took the liberty of applying the editing software's "palette knife" to the image then used the "accented edges" filter to create the random shapes of bright around the various blobs of color after a slight boost in the color saturation.

Is the image completed as a piece of "art"?  Perhaps the better question is, does it even deserve to be called that?  

Some would say, "Art is in the eye of the beholder" or some such thing.  There, now it is squarely up to you to decide on its declaration.

To me, it is like working on a piece on a wood lathe.  I can fiddle with the chisel and be fascinated as the wood dissolves in a fluid change of its geometry until what is left of the original stock simply falls on the shop floor.

I hope I stopped fiddling with the chisel on this piece before it reached that condition.

(Remember you can left-click your mouse while hovering the pointer over the image and you should be treated to a larger view).  

*            *            *

A motorcycle is not the handiest means of locomotion for carrying a loaf of fresh bread home from the grocery, especially when the loaf's cubic volume exceeds the storage volume remaining in the saddlebags.   Yup, that cycle's driver (me, of course) recently forgot which means of locomotion was in use on that particular shopping trip.

I guess I am lucky I didn't forget my way home.

No comments: