Saturday, February 15, 2014


...AND THE BEAT GOES ON--

Sue said she heard me giggling before I yelled for her.  "Where are you," she asked?  "In the shower...bring me a covered container of some kind," I yelled through the heavy shower curtain and mostly closed bathroom door.

We have to close the door to keep the fire alarm from going off in the shower's abundant water vapor.

"What do you need a container for?" she insisted.

"I need to catch this frog."

"What!!" she squawked.

"There's a frog in here," I pleaded as I tried to get the soap out of my eyes.

She showed up with exactly what I needed and when I tried to cover the little rascal he made a leap to the top of a shampoo bottle and a second one into the far corner of the ceiling.

Dang.  Agile little critter I thought as I continued to try and clear my soapy eyes.

As I tried to trap him in the corner he ricocheted off my shoulder and stuck to the shower curtain at precisely our eye level.  I think he was laughing at me, then sprung entirely across the shower and smack-stuck on the opposite wall.

I spun around and trapped him under the food container.  Gotcha.

I slid the container gently toward a curve in the wall and managed to slip the lid across the top of the critter's jail--effectively slamming the cell door.

"Here," I said to Sue, "Take this while I dry off and get some clothes.

Silence.

"Where are you?"  I could barely hear her "Out here" response from the far side of the camper as I stood drippingly by until she came and relieved me of my capture--at arm's length.

In a few minutes I went down from the shower's elevated location and inquired about our guest, whereupon she simply pointed to a kitchen counter where the container was super-secured under the weight of a gallon jug of distilled water.

"Worried about a jail break," I joked as I took custody of the prisoner and headed for our back yard where a storm drainage ditch provided more suitable habitat for our adventuresome guest. 






No comments: