Saturday, May 31, 2014



HERE WE GO AGAIN!

Every year about this time when testosterone is on the rampage with the local Canada Goose population, one of them manages to perch on the roof of my hopper, bird feeder.  I need to train it to go to the local ATM machine then stop by the grain elevator to replenish my supply of bird seed.

I have either two, three or four families of geese with chicks now polluting my pond and surrounding area with copious quantities of their--to speak politely--manure.  My nesting pair on the island incubated a family of 5 and the other pairs are noisy trespassers. 

I've counted 18 chicks and have seen 10 adults here at one time.

Good grief!  It tempts me to put a sign along the road saying "Coyotes Welcome".

Of course, that would make my friend Nancy think unkindly of me.

She's the lady who frowns at the thought of someone swatting a pesky fly.

*            *            *

Then there is this stray critter shown stalking across my upper deck.  From my vantage point I couldn't see what had attracted it's attention but I doubted the outcome would be pleasant.

 
I called Sue and told her I had a cat for her.  Free!

Even though she shivers in shopper's ecstasy at the mere thought of a bargain her sputtering was unintelligible at the temerity of my offer.  She is waiting on her newly purchased kitten to graduate from maternity care at the Rag Doll Cattery up the road a ways.

That little critter cost the equivalent of 1 and 1/2 Glocks. 

Hard for me to understand her rejection of my whoppingly generous offer.

No comments: