Friday, July 14, 2017


GOBBLE, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble

Picture this:

I was sitting on my upper deck and sighting in my new .223/5.56 Ruger Mini-14 Ranch rifle.

For those of you not familiar with this caliber, it is very noisy and at that point I had fired about 15 rounds.

While I was evaluating my latest five rounds I noticed movement under my hanging bird feeder (about 30 feet away) and there were momma wild turkey and four chicks snacking on seed messy songbirds drop from their untidy munching habits.

I was astonished momma turkey would be in my woodsy neighborhood, let alone being that close to me and my noisy gun.

This thing is so loud I put on my hearing protection before I get it out of the gun safe.

Well, maybe not quite that loud.

Meanwhile, I sat there in plain sight of momma who kept an eye on me while she and her chicks enjoyed lunch.  Probably 10 or 15 minues worth before they wandered leisurely back across my driveway and down over the dam.

Thank you God for yet another of your visual, natural treasures.

*            *            *

Did you notice the somewhat odd headline?  ...my typographical representation of momma and her 4 chicks.  ðŸ˜Š






No comments: