Tuesday, January 15, 2008




HAPPY
ANNIVERSARY
TO US--

Since our inaugural edition we have posted 403 items on Fogeyisms—the very first being January 15, 2007.

And, what a nice ride it has been.

With my background in journalism and a near historic interest in photography, blogging has turned out to be a very natural outlet for my creative urges. Once in awhile it even serves as my own soap-box on the news of the day.

We started out with daily postings and did that through late November with 313 consecutive publications. But, I was running out of gas. I began to fear a decline in quality would emerge to satisfy the daily deadlines.

Besides, I am retired and that frequency began to erode the enjoyment of the project.

Going to a weekly format disappointed some of you and I apologize for that. But it is allowing me to settle into a routine where I can concentrate on producing a nice feature length article for Saturdays and still post things in mid week as opportunities arise.

The new schedule also is allowing me to roam around the town, the county and beyond in search of interesting topics. That alone is soothing for my retired and sometimes lonely soul.

Recently we were able to dig into the history of the local “Opera House” and spend some time poking around the area ski lodge. Next Saturday we will be sharing a story of some local woodcarvers and the week after that should be a piece on a recent and vigorous 5 kilometer hike in our Mohican Forest.

The relaxed publishing schedule allows time for such little adventures.

Please stay tuned. I am flattered to have you as readers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is this ? Is it all about YOU?
Just Kidding !

Did your email address change ?
I tried to forward something to you and it came back due to inactivity. Let me know if it has changed.

Love Denny