Thursday, March 6, 2008


YOU KNOW YOU ARE HAVING A BAD DAY…

…when, while standing in the kitchen and preparing supper, there is a horrible, crashing thunk just over your head, and, while doing a tactical retreat from the noise you watch a tree branch penetrate the ceiling.

This was the day after a mild ice storm and a 14 hour power outage. But, this particular branch finally succumbed to the weight of the ice.

I have the good fortune contractor son Brian lives nearby and a robust patching job was soon accomplished—compliments of he and his crew, my grandson Dane and daughter-in-law Kate.

I was reminded of the old saying:

“I cried because I had no shoes until I saw a man who had no feet.”

1 comment:

N. / J. Tangeman said...

Wow! Living in the woods can be exciting eh? Just when you least expect it-a limb drops in through the ceiling, barely missing the plate rack! Keep your fingers crossed that the power stays on if we get the 8" to 15" of snow they're predicting today and tomorrow...Keep warm - Norrie