Tuesday, April 26, 2011



ONCE UPON A TIME...

...there was a warm and sunny Spring day in Ohio.  

But it sure didn't happen on the recent day we chose for my first local bike ride of the season...

...nor is it likely to happen in the foreseeable future as this week's forecast points to an ark being the most desirable means of locomotion.

Thursday of last week was the only modestly attractive weather-day for a ride so, with sunshine, lots of wind and morning temperatures in the low 40s I donned a tee shirt, long sleeved shirt, light windbreaker and insulated jacket plus insulated socks, plus a balaclava plus heavy gloves for a rolling trek down the local bike trail. 

I was joined by friends Ken Johnson and Gary Courtright.  That's Ken above "shivering" on the old railroad bridge at the south edge of Bellville while I fiddle with my camera.

Lady-friend Sue has the solution.  Her bags remain packed for an instant return to Florida should the opportunity arise.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Sue is a VERY smart lady!!!! I'll be right behind her

Jan

Charles Rinehart said...

Wow the ladies looked miserable biking here. I love that bridge. Very cool. All the best.