Thursday, January 25, 2007

LOVIN’ RECKLESSLY--

After dinner last night Ruthie and I were browsing the charming gift shop of a local restaurant when I noticed a display of sayings for everyday life.

One said, “Approach both making love and cooking with reckless abandon.”

And, this in a place with an Amish heritage; I dare say!

--and an UNCOOPERATIVE LIBRARY

Earlier, while making do with my laptop computer because my desktop was in the shop, I was grappling with a less than complete Favorites folder so I did a quick search for the Richland County public library.

Their evidently newly designed home page popped up and I dutifully entered my pedigree in the sign-on section for my account.

And, I was rejected as an unknown—twice!

Then I noticed my library had “moved” to South Carolina.

Right church. Wrong Pew. So to speak.

2 comments:

The Boca Beagle said...

Here is a link to the Mansfield-Richland County Public Library.

Terry Wolf said...

Bill: Ahem. Thanks millions for trying to be helpful.

Evidently the execution of my self-deprecating sense of humor failed in this case.

Sorry. --tw