Monday, November 12, 2007

CHANGING TO WEEKLY BLOG--

I am lumbering toward a year’s worth of consecutive, daily blog postings—but, I am running out of gas.

Just try it some time. Write one note to your best friend—every day, and see how long you can keep that up. It’s quite a challenge.

The counter on my blog yesterday said I had already made 395 posts over a string of 302 days. (Many days had more than one topic.) Mercy!

I am now planning on taking a week’s vacation immediately after Thanksgiving. When I return, I will be changing to a weekly version of Fogeyisms on December 1st; posting at least one feature-sized item every Saturday.

With a week between postings, then, I can envision being a bit more expansive—going into greater detail in the narratives. Likely I’ll be using more pictures to illustrate the pieces. That’s like the magazine rather than daily news format.

Perhaps there will be more than one subject treated on those weekly presentations.

Naturally, if something timely comes along I will occasionally post mid-week, or whatever.

Here’s a little ditty I wrote back near the beginning; something I’ve held in reserve until the day arrived when I was truly out of gas:

NOTHING TO SAY--

Here I sit with absolutely nothing meaningful to say today.


When my late bride would encounter that phenomenon in me she never failed to express her gratitude.

Fortunately I never reached that day. And, now that I have decided to change to weekly blogs, I really feel relieved.

Thanks for being out there and please stay tuned!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Terry!
I like your posts, and I see that you, too, claim Atlas Shrugged in your favorite books...

While I've not been here until today, after meeting you over this weekend, I plan to just keep coming back for more!


You're an interesting guy, Terry. I wonder if you will be able to limit yourself to only a weekly entry? I guess time will tell..

Your new friend.... Bill M

The Boca Beagle said...

"Just try it some time. Write one note to your best friend-every day, and see how
long you can keep that up. It's quite a challenge."


-- Fogeyisms -- November 12, 2007

Terry:

I will miss the daily post. I am now coming up on two years of Beagle Notes. Even though I usually forward other peoples' work leavened with some original stuff, it becomes increasingly difficult not to repeat myself.

About twenty years ago, I moved from Ohio to Arizona. I lived in Arizona for about three months while the family lived in Ohio.

During that time I drew a cartoon every day and mailed it to Ohio. That was one of the most difficult projects I ever did. Some days the creative juices just don't flow.

I am looking forward to the weekly blog.

frststrk said...

tygers1We have read these wonderful, information filled bits and pieces daily. We not only read it once, we each took a turn and often read it to Obie on sundays also. We truely enjoyed each and every article and picture and will miss that part of our daily routine. We will continue to check every day , cause we dont want to miss anything. Enjoy a little time off... We would guess winter may bring more isms. By Saturday we will certainly be hungry for your... STUFF !!!!! love ya cuz!

N. / J. Tangeman said...

Terry-
We too will miss your daily blog but a weekly one is better than none.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving and vacation!
All the best, Norrie & Jan