Tuesday, January 17, 2012


AN ANTIQUE SHOW--

Sue Brooks and Dee Weeks stroll through the show arena of the county fairgrounds near Vero Beach during a huge, antique sales event recently.  I now call the arena the 104 Building.

That's how many minutes it took us to thoroughly examine just this part of the show.

I pointed out a beautiful, 4 foot model yacht and suggested to Sue we could share the cost of the little boat and add it to a growing nautical display in our camper.  In fact, I noted, we could split the model in half length-wise so it would better fit our display.  That way we would only have to buy her half.

She did not appreciate my sense of humor.

In the lower photo Dick Weeks and wife Dee, our friends from Syracuse, NY, examine a huge display of Hummel figurines.  I asked Dick why they didn't purchase one.  "Our display at home is full," he quipped.

My vote for the most unusual item on display at the show was a nicely polished, hardwood, baptismal sink.  The sign invited viewers to inquire about the price.

I didn't have the courage to ask.

No comments: