Saturday, January 14, 2012

TWO BLOG STORIES THAT AREN'T--

I started out the other morning to do a blog story on the local bus service and watched the buses leave as I was hoofing it their way.

Evidently I was misinformed by the well-intentioned folks who told me their schedule.

Then, later that same week Sue and I headed downtown, hoping to do a blog story on their 1st Friday of the month Art Walk.

The only "artist" we saw engaged in painting when we arrived was the fellow on the right who was redoing the exterior wall of a local sporting goods store.

He thought it rather funny when I shared that news with him.

There was one 14th Avenue studio mildly populated with finely dressed folks enjoying their tea and pastries while being "seen" downtown with the artist whose work was on display.

"The place to be seen" was how the local columnist had previously described the two-block art walk.

How nice.

We did find a splendid, artsy gift shop open where Sue found a delightful gift (left) for a friend soon to celebrate a birthday.

Later we found our way to other amusements, but, now armed with good bus schedule info I hope to salvage that story with a future expedition.

We'll see.

No comments: