Monday, April 23, 2007

THE NEXT ADVENTURE--

I bought a used camper last October. Since it was quite cold by then, my first real travel experience with it is just around the corner; if Spring ever arrives, that is.

Plans call for a shake-down, overnighter later this month in our local Mohican State Forest. That will be a test run to check utility hook-ups. Appliances also will get a good workout.

In May I am hoping to camp three or four days at East Harbor State Park on Lake Erie. This outing should reveal any shortage of supplies which I have been working to accumulate over the winter.

The camper is planned to be self sufficient; needing only a quick stop at the grocery as each expedition is launched.

Not only is the East Harbor area a mecca for tourism, cousins Brad and Karen Crownover live close by and are due for a visit. And, I have several sailing/boating friends who dock in the area. Naturally, a wee bit of fishing could erupt on this outing as well.

With those tune-ups behind me I suspect my first prolonged outing will be a week or so in June with a jaunt along the Ohio River from East Liverpool to Pomeroy, where I will head back North and spend a few days in the Hocking Hills.

I expect to travel well equipped with toys like fishing gear and a bicycle. The camera and laptop computer also will travel along and allow me to chronicle the adventures with daily blog posts.

I hope you will be able to tune in, and ride along—so to speak.

No comments: