Sunday, June 10, 2007

ANOTHER CAMPING ADVENTURE—

Later this morning I will be leaving with the camper and intend to join the Ohio River near East Liverpool then meander along downstream for awhile. My first stop is tentatively slated for a commercial campground just north of Steubenville.

Monday I should roll past Wheeling and encounter places like Dilles Bottom and Fly, Ohio on the way to Marietta where I expect to spend a couple of days sampling their abundant list of historical attractions.

From there I should continue downstream through Constitution and Antiquity and on to Pomeroy where I plan to leave the river and head for the Hocking Hills. That area is well known for its forested hills and multitude of state parks including Ash and Old Man’s Cave.

There also is a 16.5 mile bike trail between Nelsonville and Athens which follows the Hocking River and canal, originally constructed in the 1830s. That round-trip ride is firmly on the agenda.

The first campground has wireless Internet service. So I expect to make a blog posting this evening regarding this first day’s travel. Subsequent posts chronicling the adventure will be entirely dependent on the Internet service I manage to find at day’s end.

If any.

Please stay tuned.

No comments: