Friday, June 15, 2007

CAMPING TRIP WRAP-UP--

It is fitting to use a photo of the horns aboard the Marietta excursion boat to visually sound my appreciation. It was, indeed, a marvelous camping journey.

We (my toys and I) arrived home safely and unscathed—except for a broken mirror on the bicycle which happened when the bike took a spill on some gravel at my first camping stop. While I managed to keep my balance, the bike didn’t.

The Jeep did a fine job but it had to work hard at it. I think it would be wise to consider a more robust tow vehicle. It did achieve a respectable 11.8 miles per gallon on fuel consumption, however.


A highlight of the trip was establishing a friendship with Jim and Bonnie from Tavares, FL which is located quite close to a town down there I’ve had my eyes on for a future winter destination. Thanks Bonnie and Jim for being delightful neighbors at The Landings campground in Marietta. I hope to see both of you again some day.

And, here’s another toot of the horn for the Hocking Hills. When Mother Nature got finished with that creation she must have been very proud. Of course, in an inexorable way it continues to evolve in tribute to the grandeur of rock, flora and water. Here here!

Now the Jeep needs to rest a bit while I enjoy pondering what is yet to come.

No comments: