Friday, February 9, 2007

OLD HS YEARBOOK—

While perusing the secure, historical books section of our library recently I found a yearbook for Mansfield Senior High School, 1958. I spent my pre-high school years with many of the graduates pictured, but, my family moved to the suburbs where I was later graduated from Madison HS, also in 1958.

Consequently I had not seen these pictures or these people in nearly 50 years. I was astounded to note how much these folks had matured in the years between the 8th and 9th grades when I last saw them and the time of their senior pictures. Imagine what they must look like today.

What a trip back in time! I could remember a childhood of playing “Captain Video” at Dave’s house after school back then. And cub scout meetings at Dick’s house down on 6th St., with that really cute little gal Nancy next door. And Brenda with the pigtails who lived in the alley that went north from Sheridan Ave.

Then I was graduated and went in the service, got married and raised a family and worked, then retired; and those 50 years were--gone.

Yes, it does indeed seem those years have passed that quickly.

Now, I look in the mirror and wonder who that old timer is who is staring back at me.

1 comment:

Brain Flow said...

Aging? I have seen some folks from school days. Some 25+ years have passed between viewings. Dang they looked old. I suspect they thought the same. I regard them seeing me a blessing. I am not trying to push a daisy through the frozen crust.
Cheers