Monday, March 26, 2007

VETERAN’S MEDICAL CARE—

Recent revelations regarding the Army’s Walter Reed medical facility near Washington, D.C. have been shocking. For this nation to subject its veterans to dilapidated hospitals and indifferent medical providers is a stain on our national character.

Ranking military and political heads should continue to roll until this problem is fixed. Permanently. Period.

Conditions locally are world-class by comparison.

We have a modern, clean, out-patient facility staffed by folks who act like the professionals they are.

I always arrive early for my appointments. I always am done before I was due to arrive. Can you imagine that happening at your civilian doctor’s office?

My aging body has offered me and my VA doctor some challenges these past few years. He has never failed to make an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment.

Nurses act like they really care.

Clerical folks dispense the bureaucratic stuff with diligence, often wrapped in a sense of humor. Imagine that in a government facility.


If the Washington weenies are looking for a model of top shelf veteran’s medical care they should pay close attention to Mansfield, OH.

No comments: