Tuesday, July 24, 2007

FEELS LIKE ALASKA--

Overnight low temperatures have flirted with the upper 40s around here recently. For the middle of the summer that is downright frigid.

Twice while camping on the shore of Lake Erie last week I ran the heater in the camper overnight, and again in the morning to chase the chill away. I felt sorry for folks who were tent camping.

Here at home I still have flannel sheets on the bed.

This morning I saw a hummingbird perched on a nearby branch at sunrise. He was wrapped in a fuzzy leaf and it looked like he was still shivering. *

According to Ask.com the average low temperature around here in July is 62 with daily high temperatures averaging 82.

I realize it is a bit myopic of me, but, these overnight temperatures make it difficult to regard the topic of global warming very seriously.

* Tall tale alert!

No comments: