Friday, April 19, 2013


NIGHT GOLF--
Photo by cell phone

We were wrapping up a strenuous 36 holes of miniature golf last night when I was moved to attempt a night photograph with my new cell phone; a Samsung Galaxy S III.
 
With the flash turned off I held the phone firmly atop a bridge post, composed the shot and gently triggered the shutter icon.  The phone quietly sputtered and buzzed while it figured how to do the somewhat challenging exposure then Click!

I caught up with my foursome of Sue (left, behind the palm frond) who had just aced the hole while our Syracuse friends Dick and Dee prepared their final shots--two more aces.  Stunningly, I managed an ace too.

Turns out the tricky green funnels all shots into the hole as a nifty, public relations treat for the happy customers.

The camera aced its task too.

As far as I know this camera is fully, fully automatic.  Truly a point and shoot.  No boosting the ISO setting to help with the challenging lighting.  No manipulating the shutter speed and aperture to compensate for testy shooting conditions.

Hold it steady, squeeze the trigger and this thing will do its job quite nicely.



No comments: